Floyd was also born and raised in San Antonio, Texas. After graduating as co-valedictorian from Central Catholic High School, he studied philosophy at St. Mary's University, where he graduated summa cum laude from the Honors Program with a Bachelor of Arts. Among numerous activities at St. Mary's, Floyd served as student co-coordinator of the President's Peace Commission, helping organize programs at the university to promote peace and justice.
After St. Mary's, Floyd attended the University of Texas School of Law, where he stayed active in the Public Interest Law Association and the Chicano/Hispanic Law Students' Association. He also completed a 40-hour mediation training course while at UT Law and served as a mediator in the Mediation Clinic there.
During his second summer of law school, Floyd clerked for Walsh Anderson, a prominent statewide law firm specializing in the representation of school districts. During his last semester, Floyd interned for State Representative Joaquin Castro during the 82nd Legislative Session. These opportunities and others provided valuable legal experience for Floyd prior to his becoming licensed by the Supreme Court of Texas in 2011.
Floyd is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the San Antonio Bar Association, the San Antonio Young Lawyers Association, the Mexican-American Bar Association of San Antonio, the Hispanic National Bar Association, and the American Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Supreme Court of Texas, 2011
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- Central Catholic High School
- St. Mary's University
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Honors Program
- Honors: President's Peace Commission, Student co-coordinator
- Major: Philosophy
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- San Antonio Bar Association, Member
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association, Member
- Mexican-American Bar Association of San Antonio, Member
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Walsh Anderson, Clerk
- State Representative Joaquin Castro, the 82nd Legislative Session, Intern